Another disappointing BN candidate in P194. YB Datuk Daud. He needs to be change to a younger candidate. If not Tupong will likely goes to PKR. With lots of issues at hand with YB Daud handling of state religious matters has irk younger generations. If BN still interested in the seat please consider the following:-
1. Look at Sarawak Baitulmal fund abuse. Recently the old man mention that divorce single mothers that were not obtaining regular emolument from estrange husband will get support from Baitulmal funds. This will certainly encourage irresponsible men to abandon their
responsibilities. Worst is that single mothers are not qualified recipients of Zakat.
2. Looking through at other abuses of the fund, is the fat salary paid to a group of retired educationist for the Biro Pendidikan Majlis Islam, like Dato Adi Biadozaman which can come to more than RM10k monthly is paid using Baitulmal fund. This does not tantamount to fiesabillilah, if that’s the response! The real fiesabillilah is like when student from tahfis applied for Baitulmal seed money to further their studies should be considered priority and not told that the fund is frozen. This does not included parents who inquire for their children to study in local varsities.
3. Accordingly, why are Baitulmal GM are paid and having perks like Fund Managers when Baitulmal is not even a fund management company and that it just function as collectors and distributors of funds to the welfare of Muslims in need. Baitulmal should not be managed as an investment institution. It is certainly wrong to utilise the funds to pay unreasonable remunerations to certain individuals. If he demands, there are other qualified professional that willing to do it cheaper with Muslim welfare at heart and a divine after life.
4. If education is such an important priority to Baitulmal by willingly paying excessive remunerations to a group of retirees, why are there still many schools in Muslim dominated communities in Sarawak rural are not getting the funds and why instead proud of spending hundred million Ringgit contributors money that is meant to uplift the standard of living of the poor in Sarawak by building mega structures in Kuching, Bintulu and Miri.
5. How many qualified Islamic economist and ulama is on the advisory panel of Baitulmal Sarawak? Young dynamic ustaz like Khalidi Ibrahim, Dr Juwanda and Kipli Yassin was once on the panel and was booted out. Why?
6. Government officers that have undertaken monthly salary deductions were caught by surprise when an adjustment to their contributions was made without their consent recently. For example RM2 to RM4. This is a serious breach of contract.
7. The recent uproar of school fees charged to Muslim who intended to send their children to MASJA Tahfis is another blunder of YB Daud as the Minister in charge of Sarawak Religious Affairs. Haji Sabri Othman, another highly paid joker comes out with parents’ income as a basis to charge school fees for those parents that interested to enroll their children to Tahfis. This is fisabilillah, Baitulmal or MASJA for that matter should encourage Muslims to send their children to such institution by giving insentif instead otherwise.
8. Why is Hj Sabri’s mansion being guarded by MASJA security? As a government agent, is he entitle to such perks? I think that state ministers would be more deserving than the GM of MASJA.
9. In the case of attaining HALAL Certification in Sarawak. There are more Chinese eateries have attained MIS certification, but otherwise for Muslim operators. Kek Lapis Rabiah Amit having such a hassle to obtain the certification. Probably at the time of writing she might have obtained it. While Kek Warisan have applied and was turn down on so many petty reasons. Its a regret they did not get support from the religious authority and now they have closed shop. Look at Ayam Champion, awarded HALAL certification turns out to be a flop. CCK another broiler where Datu Putit Matzen is a Director should also be raided if fairness wants to come into play.
* News Flash – Nurhanim Mokshen is PKR candidate for Tupong
* Do we need a Malay DAP YB because our Malay PBB YBs are keeping mum???
* Daud ... please hear us out ...