Saturday, June 25, 2011

DUN (Day Four): Naroden hints resettlement exercise is to be carried out at Kampung Datu and Kampung Hilir will be

Posted on June 25, 2011, Saturday

THE redevelopment master plan for Kampung Datu and Kampung Hilir in Sibu, which was approved by the federal government on May 12 last year will use the ‘People Participation’ approach.

In revealing this, Planning and Resource Management Assistant Minister Naroden Majais said the government through its agencies such as Housing and Urban Development Ministry, Pelita and Land and Survey Department had conducted several dialogue sessions with the villagersí representatives.

“The sessions were aimed at gathering precise information, rising issues, problems and the needs of the people. All the input by the villagers will be considered to ensure a well-planned redevelopment for the villagers,” said Naroden.

On whether the plan would involve resettlement of the villagers, Naroden said a few resettlement areas with more basic infrastructure in Sibu such as in Kampung Bandung had been allocated.

“The state government through the Housing and Urban Development Ministry had already received RM20 million from the federal government, and priority will be given for the relocation of Kampung Datuk,” he said.

Naroden, however elaborated that the plan would not include Kampung Baru, Kampung Pa Dris and Kampung Nangka, pointing out what was more important for those affected by the redevelopment was their welfare.

No comments:

Post a Comment