Tuesday, June 4, 2013

G5 Tiki Lafe berundur dari politik


Dr Tiki taking a breather

Borneo Post on June 4, 2013, Tuesday
KUCHING: National Service Training (PLKN) chairman Datuk Dr Tiki Lafe has decided to take a break from politics.
He said whether the break was a temporary or permanent fixture was difficult to say for now because it depended on a number of circumstances.
In addition, happenings in politics are always evolving, he told The Borneo Post yesterday.
“I think I am starting to enjoy what I am doing now because at least I can have more time with my family. I have been in politics for quite long, and I think that is enough,” said Dr Tiki, who failed to defend Mas Gading as an independent in the May 5 general election.
“As of now, I am planning to give up politics but if CM (Pehin Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud) and PM (Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak) say they still want me to contribute to BN, probably I will have to consider. After all I am always with BN.”
On his losing in the recent polls, Dr Tiki admitted he felt the loss but he was nevertheless happy that the predominantly Bidayuh constituency did not fall into the hands of the opposition.
“Even before nomination and during campaigning I have been saying that my main aim was to prevent Mas Gading from falling into the hands of the opposition. So, now I am happy because Mas Gading is still under the BN.”
In that election, Dr Tiki was up against eventual winner Anthony Nogeh Gumbek from the BN-SPDP, Mordi Bimol (DAP) and Patrick Anek Uren (Star).
Dr Tiki, who went into the polls as incumbent MP, had to contest as an independent as he was sacked from SPDP more than a year ago for gross insubordination.

No comments:

Post a Comment